Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Will Praise Him

Hymn lyrics and music by Margret J. Harris
Verse 1
  • When I saw the cleansing fountain
  • Open wide for all my sin,
  • I obeyed the Spirit’s wooing,
  • When He said, “Wilt thou be clean?”
Chorus
  • I will praise Him! I will praise Him!
  • Praise the Lamb for sinners slain;
  • Give Him glory, all ye people,
  • For His blood can wash away each stain.
Verse 2
  • Though the way seems straight and narrow,
  • All I claimed was swept away;
  • My ambitions, plans and wishes,
  • At my feet in ashes lay.
Chorus
Verse 3
  • Then God’s fire upon the altar
  • Of my heart was set aflame;
  • I shall never cease to praise Him
  • Glory, glory to His Name!
Chorus
Verse 4
  • Blessed be the Name of Jesus!
  • I’m so glad He took me in;
  • He’s forgiven my transgressions,
  • He has cleansed my heart from sin.
Chorus
Verse 5
  • Glory, glory to the Father!
  • Glory, glory to the Son!
  • Glory, glory to the Spirit!
  • Glory to the Three in One!
Chorus

No comments: