Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Know of a Name (That Beautiful Name)

Hymn lyrics by Jean Perry,
Music by Mabel Johnson Camp
Verse 1
  • I know of a name, a beautiful name,
  • That angels brought down to earth;
  • They whispered it low, one night long ago,
  • To a maiden of lowly birth.
Chorus
  • That beautiful name, that beautiful name,
  • From sin has power to free us!
  • That beautiful name, that wonderful name,
  • That matchless name is Jesus!
Verse 2
  • I know of a name, a beautiful name,
  • That unto a Babe was given.
  • The stars glittered bright throughout that glad night,
  • And angels praised God in Heav’n.
Chorus
Verse 3
  • The One of that name, my Savior became,
  • My Savior of Calvary.
  • My sins nailed Him there; my burdens He bare.
  • He suffered all this for me.
Chorus
Verse 4
  • I love that blest name, that wonderful name,
  • Made higher than all in Heaven.
  • ’Twas whispered, I know, in my heart long ago
  • To Jesus my life I’ve giv’n.
Chorus

No comments: