Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Keep Thou my Way

Hymn lyrics by Fanny Crosby,
Music by Theodore E. Perkins
Verse 1
  • Keep Thou my way, O Lord, be Thou ever nigh;
  • Strong is Thy mighty arm, weak and frail am I;
  • Then, my unchanging Friend, on Thee, my hopes depend,
  • Till life’s brief day shall end, be Thou ever nigh.
Verse 2
  • Keep Thou my heart, O Lord, ever close to Thee;
  • Safe in Thine arms of love, shall my refuge be;
  • Then, over a tranquil tide, my bark shall safely glide;
  • I shall be satisfied, ever close to Thee.
Verse 3
  • Keep Thou my all, O Lord, hide my life in Thine;
  • O let Thy sacred light over my pathway shine;
  • Kept by Thy tender care, gladly the cross I’ll bear;1
  • Hear Thou and grant my prayer, hide my life in Thine.


1This line is the famous "Gladly the cross-eyed bear" line.

No comments: