Sunday, October 31, 2004

On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand

Hymn lyrics by Edward Mote,
Music by William B. Bradbury

Verse 1

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ Name.

Chorus

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Verse 2

When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In ev’ry high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Chorus

Verse 3

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Chorus

Verse 4

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Chorus


No comments: