Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A New Name in Glory

Hymn lyrics and music by C. Austin Miles
Verse 1
  • I was once a sinner, but I came
  • Pardon to receive from my Lord:
  • This was freely given, and I found
  • That He always kept His word.
Chorus
  • There’s a new name written down in glory,
  • And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine!
  • And the white robed angels sing the story,
  • “A sinner has come home.”
  • For there’s a new name written down in glory,
  • And it’s mine, O yes, it’s mine!
  • With my sins forgiven I am bound for Heaven,
  • Never more to roam.
Verse 2
  • I was humbly kneeling at the cross,
  • Fearing naught by God’s angry frown;
  • When the heavens opened and I saw
  • That my name was written down.
Chorus
Verse 3
  • In the Book ’tis written, “Saved by Grace,”
  • O the joy that came to my soul!
  • Now I am forgiven, and I know
  • By the blood I am made whole.
Chorus

No comments: