Monday, June 20, 2005

I Hear Thy Welcome Voice (I am Coming, Lord)

Hymn lyrics and music by Lewis Hartsough

Verse 1

I hear Thy welcome voice
That calls me, Lord, to Thee,
For cleansing in Thy precious blood
That flowed on Calvary.

Chorus

I am coming Lord!
Coming now to Thee!
Wash me, cleanse me in the blood
That flowed on Calvary!

Verse 2

Though coming weak and vile,
Thou dost my strength assure;
Thou dost my vileness fully cleanse,
Till spotless all, and pure.

Chorus

Verse 3

’Tis Jesus calls me on
To perfect faith and love,
To perfect hope and peace and trust,
For earth and Heav’n above.

Chorus

Verse 4

’Tis Jesus Who confirms
The blessed work within,
By adding grace to welcomed grace,
Where reigned the power of sin.

Chorus

Verse 5

And He the witness gives
To loyal hearts and free
That every promise is fulfilled,
If faith but brings the plea.

Chorus

Verse 6

All hail! atoning blood!
All hail! redeeming grace!
All hail! the gift of Christ our Lord,
Our Strength and Righteousness.

Chorus

No comments: