Friday, March 18, 2005

I Stand Amazed in the Presence (My Savior’s Love)

Hymn lyrics and Music by Charles H. Gabriel

Verse 1

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Chorus

O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

Verse 2

For me it was in the garden
He prayed: “Not My will, but Thine.”
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat drops of blood for mine.

Chorus

Verse 3

In pity angels beheld Him,
And came from the world of light
To comfort Him in the sorrows
He bore for my soul that night.

Chorus

Verse 4

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

Chorus

Verse 5

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.

Chorus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you brother for posting these hymns; as a believer growing up in India, the lyrics of some of these wonderful hymns laid the foundation of my faith in our loving savior. As a father now living in the US raising three young boys, I am a bit bothered by the fact that my boys dont get to sing these songs in church or hear them on the radio; I have to teach them and sing them during family devotions; how can we teach the younger generation these songs?